Monday, January 17, 2011

Addicted to Google? You Bet! (Blog Prompt 2)

I am positive that there is not a single day that I am online that I do not use Google at least once. It is so convenient that I've definitely become more dependent on it than I should be. I use it to look up random trivia, directions, hours of businesses, how to questions, movie times, and who hasn't Googled themself at some point just to see what comes up?

If Google and other search engines were to disappear tomorrow, I definitely would be lost at how to find things on the internet. How do I find webpages if I don't have the URL to type in? To find out how late someplace is open, I'd have to get out that hefty phone book instead. And movie times? Flip through the newspaper or get the theater's number out of that phone book and call them up. Google has definitely spoiled everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment